If you didn’t already know, Piper is now on an exclusion diet to help her overcome her itchiness. So far so good, but it now means that it is SO hard to find something she can eat. Pretty much every dog treat or food has one or more ingredient in which she can’t have. Because of this, I decided to make my own! Here’s the recipe:
- 250g coconut flour (you can use basic plain flour too if you prefer)
- 170g of dog safe peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- Water to add
- Mixing bowl
- Weighing scales
- Baking tray
- Grease proof paper
- Mixing spoon
- Rolling pin
- Cookie cutters
- Palette knife (optional)
- Cooling tray (optional)
- Start by preheating the oven to 150 degrees. Now, place the flour, peanut butter and eggs in a bowl. Mix together until blended.
- Next add small amounts of luke warm water until the mix begins to resemble a doughy texture. Coconut flour is quite hard to work with, so be patient, don’t add too much at once!
- Once achieved, lightly dust your work surface with flour and begin to roll the mixture out with a rolling pin.
- Now you need to line a baking tray with grease proof paper. Choose your favourite shape cutters and get cutting. You may need to use a palette knife to lift them onto the tray.
- Once you’ve finished cutting out the biscuits, you need to place them in the oven for roughly 15-20 minutes. Make sure you keep checking them as they burn easily!
- Once cooked, allow to cool before serving to your dog. No doubt they’ll be begging for one the second they’re lifted out of the oven!Ta da!
From start to finish, this took me less than 30 minutes. A nice quick & easy, homemade dog treat recipe. Are you going to make these for your pup? Let me know how you get on!
Thank you for reading & happy baking!
E & P x